Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quilter's Sunset

Working on getting a bunch of memory quilts ready to give for Christmas from my father and I, I've been keeping the trail beat down between Stilwell, Oklahoma and a quilt shop in Jay, Oklahoma.  It is about 58 miles one-way to go up there and spend a day working on a rented long-arm quilting machine.  Despite the drive, it has been worth the trouble.  I have saved my father a few dollars that we'd be paying out for a machine quilter's time.  I have been able to personalize the quilts by freehanding some dates and other secret messages into the quilting thread patterns, and... I was privileged to catch this gorgeous sunset on camera.  While driving.  I took a series of pics, as the sunset changed from moment to moment.  Here I just hit it with one lil edit fature.... blacking out some headlights at the bottom.  All of the sky colors are au naturale.

No comments:

Post a Comment