Monday, April 26, 2010

Cowboy Skirt Canvas

Cowboy Skirt Canvas
I just got this cool setup of stuff that lets me put a design on canvas.  I found spoonflower.com which is custom-printed fabric, so for a few days I've been working on a design for a yard of the (expensive) fabric for a skirt.  I don't know if I'll ever actually buy the fabric--- it would be about $50 just for the material.  But the thought of  wearing a skirt from my own graphics is thrilling!

So here is my first canvas project.  Would you wear a skirt of this fabric?  Here are some of the design elements:  swirl from a tiedye shirt; Easter picture of our grandson, Kai, digitally altered; pics of Elvis (an art card I made), my mother with a feather headdress, and an art card with Frieda Kahlo and Dia De Los Muertos images (which doubles as a $45 train ticket and reminds the ticketee not to leave their coat on the train); stretched tiedye and some photophop stripes; Cherokee Language Exam study sheet repurposed as a collage background with a tiedye dinner nap medallion.  Voila!  Pop it into a frame and you've got a wonderfully wierd piece of lil art, 8x10 inches.

The canvas process lends itself to more conventional (and more useful) applications.  Send me your biggest version of your fave pic and let me put it on canvas so you can frame it and put it on the wall.  My services:  $18 plus shipping (and this includes optimizing and balancing the image).  Now I want to put all my old antique pictures of ancestors and family groupings on canvas!




No comments:

Post a Comment