Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Lunch Sack



I was feeling guilty about using paper sacks for my daily lunch,.  So I made a tree-free lunch sack with some mojo of its own.  I started with a plain muslin duck cloth commercial lunch bag, then made it "Fluffy-ized" with tiedye colors of fuschia and turquoise, chartreuse and cherry and lemon.  Then I added a batik soy resist hemp peace sign, also hand-dyed.  I beaded the seams with commercial bead fringe and a few scraps, then embrioidered a ribbing along both edges, adding ribbons to make it funky... and beads across the top.  Ooh-la-la.  It makes any food wonderful.  And yes, I do toss it into warm water and hand-wash it, but don't run it thru a rigorous machine cycle.

For many art things that I make, I don't even try to sell.  That is because the hours involved would make the cost so high that no one could afford them.  So I just make and keep some pretty things for myself and to enhance our home.  Or it gift it to family members.

*****

Friedrick and I are going to see Eric Clapton in concert on Tuesday March 12th, so stand by for a real-time review on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment