Friday, March 19, 2010

Moon Cherokee Star Quilt

Moon Cherokee Star Quilt

I am fascinated by seven-point stars, because they're very difficult to execute.  So when I ran across this wonderful kitschy Cherokee Star quilt for sale, I wanted to get it.  It was made by Bob Moon's mother-- I don't know her first name.  I acquired it in the 1990s.  It is made in typical 1970's polyester of seafoam green and coral.  (The photo flash sort of washed out the colors.)  The central 8-point star is a classic common pattern.  But it is studded with these nice pieced  Cherokee stars which have been appliqued onto the surface of the quilt.  It is quilted on a commercial long-arm machine.  Here the quilt is modelled by Gracie Piddlewhiskers, who thinks it is her role to get on every quilt for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment