Monday, March 1, 2010

Frame Baby Quilt Top

Today's post is a baby quilt top, made with the most joyous fabrics which were left over from a big quilt that I made.  In making the big quilt, I picked out the materials to use, and bought them for that purpose.  For this quilt, my goal was to clean up the scraps off of the floor by my sewing machine.

I don't think this quilt pattern has a name.  In the 1700s on this continent, quilts were sometimes framed in a single border of chintz.  But it is more like the log cabin patterns of the mid 1800s to strip-piece a quilt "in the round" or framing a center.  It differs, because the log cabin pattern repeats in smaller multiple blocks.

So, this top is for sale, $50 in baby bed size.  Or add $200 and it can be batted, backed and machine quilted by me.  It will be listed for sale at Oklahoma Food Cooperative soon, or on etsy at Island Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment