Thursday, March 18, 2010

Navajo Diamond Quilt Top

Navajo Diamond Quilt Top
In my collection of quilts, I have this simple quilt top that I purchased on eBay.  So often, those who sell quilt tops are descendants of the woman who made the top.  That was probably the case with this top.  I loved its bright simple lines and wanted to see how the quilter had executed the points.  It is a huge top--- Queen or King sized like a bedspread.  It is made from some bias-woven cotton in clear distinct monochrome-dyed colors of commercial fabric.  It was made probably within the last ten to fifteen years.

Because I have so many quilts and so little space, I would like to sell it as a quilt top ($150) or finished quilt ($450) and would work with the buyer on selection of backing, batting and machine quilting design.  I'd suggest a plain solid back matching any of these colors or an Indian print with a one-inch wrapped binding, with a low-loft or 80/20 cotton poly batting in white or black (or a wool batting if the purchaser lives some place cold for most of the year).  This image was retouched because the top was wrinkled from storage.  I can send detailed pics if requested.


No comments:

Post a Comment