Saturday, March 6, 2010

Invitation

We're debuting a new 3-man combo on Saturday March 6th at KTK Steakhouse in Tahlequah, about 6:30 to 9:30.  The food is excellent there.  I recommend the filet mignon and cream brulee, sweet potatoes and french onion soup.

Dennis Tibbits, Leonard McCracken and me, Fluffy, will be playing.  Leonard jams with us often at Scooters and elsewhere, so we think we'll have a wide reportoire of songs that listeners request as well as some local originals that are pretty popular.

When we play, someone always requests, "Chicken Poop."  I hesitate to even put those words in a blog because internet filters may hide my blogs.  But last week a bus driver told us that all 30 of his bus kids sing that song as they toodle down the dirt roads.  I have this wonderful mental picture of kids growing up to help clean up water pollution to the river because they've heard the simple compelling story in a song.



No comments:

Post a Comment