Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cherokee Syllables Quilt Top


Back in Fall, on a beautiful sunny day, I took this quilt top outside for a natural light picture.  It is comprised of commercial cotton print strips and hand-dyed discharged batik strips with Cherokee Syllables and the pronunciation of each syllable.  Cherokee language has about 84 syllables, so this is just a sampling.  I've made quilt tops of all the letters, and I have posted a sister to this quilt.

[This one is twin, $75 as a top, and can be expanded with a couple of border strips in a color of  the purchaser's choice.  It is $350 fully finished if you'd prefer, with the buyer's choice of batting, backing material (solid or print), thread and choice of whether freehand quilted or quilted with a recurring pattern.] 

*********************************************************************

To my Sweetie, Friedrick:
(You know him as Dennis)
Happy Anniversary!  Five years ago today, we stood on Sun Beach in Jamaica at sunset, and vowed to cherish each other for so long as we both shall live.  Never have I regretted loving you, and every day I love you a little bit more.  You're my best friend and partner, my confidante.  I thrive in your love, and I thank you for being the kindest and most tender, funny, talented person I know.  Don't turn 'roun the vehicle... we've got a ticket for the Strange Loop!  Life has many fun adventures for us yet.
~Luv Fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment