Friday, February 19, 2010

Mad Hatter Scarf, for Alice in Wonderland

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as an actor, because he brings so much depth to his roles.  Thus I'm in major suspense until Alice in Wonderland comes out, in early March (about the 5th).  Again he teams up with Helena Bonham Carter, who was just delightful in Sweeney Todd.

So here, we tried to make up costumes for Halloween last fall, based on the film trailers that had just come out for the movie.  But alas, a costume error on my part for the Red Queen costume plus dreadful weather and not enough time... and we gave up our plans.  However, I did manage to simulate that great Mad Hatter bowtie in a china silk scarf.  It was batiked with soy resist and then hand-dyed.

I am going to be listing this great little ditty at my Island Retreat etsy site when I get around to it.  If you'd like it, email me at ktibbits@lrec.org .  It is $15 and can be hand-washed in warm water and towel dried.

I love to hand-dye custom pieces, so if you have an inspiration, just let me know and I'll make it up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment